2 active listings
Buy It Now
or Best Offer
Ended: 20-Nov-17 15:01:26
Buy It Now
or Best Offer
Ended: 20-Nov-17 14:58:29
Miracle escape as NY plane grinds to halt on runway after landing gear collapse07/23/13 ,via Herald.ie
The incident came 16 days after Asiana Flight 214 crash-landed at San Francisco's international airport on July 6, killing two Chinese teenagers. A third was killed when a fire engine ran over her while responding to the crash, authorities said. hnews
Twenty reasons to visit Vienna07/23/13 ,via Sydney Morning Herald
The top floor is devoted to the various geniuses who made Vienna the world's centre of classical music, with each major composer given a section devoted to his life and works. The other floors are If the pompous wedding cake-esque buildings of the
News roundup: Obama's Hollywood friends to help pitch health reform07/23/13 ,via Salt Lake Tribune
Chris Stewart attends a weekly Republican Conference meeting, attends a briefing on stopping government abuses, discusses global poverty issues with a constituent group, talks homeland security with the Science Application International Corporation
LaGuardia delays after Southwest jet's rough landing injures 1007/23/13 ,via Newsday
He said the landing was rough and his thoughts immediately turned toward the July 6 crash of an Asiana Airlines jet as it landed at San Francisco International, killing three passengers. "The plane skidded to a stop and the cabin filled with smoke. We
Airliner landing gear collapses07/23/13 ,via Irish Independent
"I heard some people gasp and scream. I looked over and saw sparks flying at the front of the plane," he said. The incident came 16 days after Asiana Flight 214 crash-landed at San Francisco's international airport on July 6, killing two Chinese teenagers.
A taste of India in Artesia - OCRegister (subscription)
Five facts about Artesia
1. Little India along Pioneer Boulevard is the neighborhood's unofficial name. The area is actually known as the International Cultural District and includes several East Asian shops and restaurants.
2. Artesia is home to the East West Ice Palace, an ice rink co-owned by Olympic medalist Michelle Kwan.
3. In the 2010 census, 39 percent of Artesia's population was white, while 36 percent was Hispanic or Latino, and 37 percent was Asian, including Indians. Indians account for roughly 5 percent of Artesia's population.
4. Pioneer Boulevard was once home to businesses owned by Dutch and Portuguese immigrants who developed the land into a dairy district. Indian immigrants began setting up shop along Pioneer in the 1980s.
5. The Artesia Water Tower, a familiar landmark in the city, was featured in the 1991 film, "Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare."
- Source: The City of Artesia
A former seventh-grade teacher and son of Dutch immigrants, Postma found his love for furniture while working at Koopman’s Furniture in Bellflower in the 1950s. When he heard a man wanted to sell his furniture store at 18615 Pioneer Blvd., he jumped at the opportunity. The neighborhood has seen many changes over the decades, but Postma says business along the street really picked up when his Indian neighbors began setting up shop in the 1980s. Comments are encouraged, but you must follow our User Agreement .Source: www.ocregister.com
1. Keep it civil and stay on topic.
2. No profanity, vulgarity, racial slurs or personal attacks.
3. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked.
4. By posting your comment, you agree to allow Orange County Register Communications, Inc. the right to republish your name and comment in additional Register publications without any notification or payment.
Association of Asia Pacific Airlines Breaking News: Airlines Confident in Boeing's 787, but Doubts Linger07/24/13 ,via shine.yahoo.com
Asiana Airlines will sue the Bay Area TV station that broadcast the incorrect names of the pilots on its jet that crash landed at San Francisco International Airport. KTVU aired a report that falsely stated the pilots' names. The network issued an apology ...
Baton Rouge, LA Local News, Breaking News, Sports & Weather - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports07/24/13 ,via WAFB 9 Baton Rouge
(RNN) - Have you ever wondered what a nuclear blast would look like if a bomb went off in your city? Believe it or not, there's a map for that. NUKEMAP 3-D, billed as "a nuclear weapons effects simulatorMore >>
Guest Chef Series: Palomino07/24/13 ,via On Milwaukee
July 29, 2013 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Palomino’s Executive Chef Jacob Faber will be our next Featured Chef for our Local Guest Chef Series in our Whole Lifestyle Center. Prepare to enjoy similar dishes to Palamino’s menu style of Southern Inspired Fare ...